About Open Studios of Roanoke

My photo
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
A peek into the studios of artists and their art. 13th Annual Tour April 27 & 28, 2013 Saturday 10 a.m - 5 p.m The FREE tour features sites in four neighborhoods: South Roanoke, Old Southwest, Downtown, and Raleigh Court. Please visit our sister website http://www.openstudiosofroanoke.com/index.html

Friday, April 20, 2012

Guest Artist, John Reburn


Also new to the tour this year, as  guest, John Reburn! 



I love honoring the labor and elegance of past traditions. My printmaking is a union of art, historical traditions and modern design.

With the commonality of computers, we forget the origins of type and how images are created. Silkscreen and Letterpress are antique printing processes and have roots that go back five-hundred years or more.
I have been a working artist for nearly 30 years. Specializing in printmaking and design, I have worked in Los Angeles for entertainment companies including Disney and NBC; non-profit organizations such as Bet Tzedek, the Larry King Foundation and the Tiger Woods Foundation; and I've designed posters for broadway theatrical productions, musicians, and live concert venues. But, mostly I enjoy how these primitive methods of printmaking are as challenging as they are relevant and rewarding. My Roanoke studio is my favorite studio that I have ever assembled...I am excited to share it with you.



John ReburnAppalachia Press
128 Albemarle Avenue, SE
Corner of Willilamson Road and Albemarle

No comments:

Post a Comment